The Master of Medical Education Programme Bern (MME Bern) is a part-time, postgraduate Master of advanced studies in medical education provided by the Medical Faculty of the University of Bern. It was developed in collaboration with the University of Illinois in Chicago and was established in 1999.
The study programme follows a systematic, evidence-based approach, and thus prepares participants for the growing demands in initial and continuing education in the healthcare sector.
The MME programme involves international experts and is directed towards graduates of all healthcare professions alongside their employment. The programme requires the participants’ presence at course weeks which are offered over two years.
The aims of the MME programme
The MME programme Bern offers a broad range of courses with the following aims:
- Training of leaders with competences in medical education
- Imparting of knowledge of evidence-based teaching and lesson methods
- Support in the development of innovative teaching projects and curricula
- Promotion of leadership skills in the medical sector
- Imparting of scientific knowledge in the area of medical education
- Networking with international and national experts
- Building of a network among the participants and promotion of an active, collaborative learning environment
Next programme start: February 2024
Deadline for applications: 31st October, 2023