The MME programme employs national and international lecturers as well as various committees for the planning, implementation and further development of the international, high-quality MME degree course:
- Sandra Trachsel, PhD, MME Unibe, CH, MME programme leader
Functions: Leads the entire project, compiles the course programme, appoints the course leaders, organises the courses, is responsible for admission and coaching of the participants, allocation of credits, general logistics, public relations, etc.
- Cristin Wildbolz, MME Administration
Functions: Administration and bookkeeping, provides course material, supervises participants, organises travel and accommodation for the course leaders, administrative support, organises excursions, food, etc.
- Prof. Dr. Sissel Guttormsen (President), Director of the Institute of Medical Education, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Johannes Forster, MME, Director of the Department of Paediatrics at the St. Josephs Spital, Children’s Hospital, University of Freiburg i. Br., Germany
- Prof. Dr. Robert Greif, MD, MME Unibe, Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Therapy, Inselspital Bern, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Jürgen Christen, MD, MME Unibe, Centre for Children and Adolescents Auf der Bult, Hanover, Germany
- Dr. Sandra Trachsel, MME Unibe, MME Programme Director, IML, University of Bern, Switzerland
Functions: Authorisation of persons for thesis supervision, examination and approval of Master theses on behalf of the Office of the Dean, admission of participants without classical university education, decision-making body in the case of conflicting performance assessment.
The quality of the course contents is ensured by national and international experts with long-standing experience in education and education research. The teaching portfolio ensues in cooperation with other universities from Switzerland, Europe, the USA and Canada.
National and international experts:
- Matthias Beckmann, PhD, Communication trainer, Munich (D)
- Prof. Georges Bordage, MD, PhD, University of Illinois, Chicago (USA)
- Christoph Berendonk, MD, MME, University of Bern (CH)
- Raphael Bonvin, MD, MME, University of Lausanne (CH)
- Francesco Di Pasquale, Project Management Expert, Lausanne (CH)
- Prof. Kevin Eva, PhD, British Columbia University, Vancouver (CAN)
- Prof. Wim H. Gijselaers, PhD, University of Maastricht (NL)
- Prof. phil. Sissel Guttormsen, University of Bern (CH)
- Sören Huwendiek, MD, MME, University of Bern (CH)
- Erika Irniger, Dipl. supervisor BSO, Bern (CH)
- Dipl. Psych. René Krebs, University of Bern (CH)
- Prof. Wolf Langewitz, MD, Basel University Hospital (CH)
- Ass.-Prof. Meghan McConnell, PhD, University of Ottawa (CAN)
- Prof. Mathieu Nendaz, MD, University of Geneva (CH)
- Ass.-Prof. Yoon So Park, PhD, University of Illinois, Chicago (USA)
- Prof. Henk Schmidt, PhD, Erasmus University, Rotterdam (NL)
- Christof Schmitz, PhD, Bern (CH)
- Kai Schnabel, MD, MME, University of Bern (CH)
- Prof. Yvonne Steinert, PhD, McGill University, Montreal (CAN)
- Prof. Willi Stadelmann, PhD, Môtier (CH)
- Prof. Ara Tekian, PhD, MHPE, University of Illinois, Chicago (USA)
- Ulrich Woermann, MD, MME, University of Bern (CH)
As well as further lecturers for the course conducted abroad (USA, Canada, Europe).
- Prof. Dr. med. Hans-Uwe Simon (Dean of the Medical Faculty, University of Bern, ex officio)
- Prof. Georges Bordage, MD, PhD (University of Illinois, Chicago, USA)
- Prof. Ara Tekian, PhD, MHPE, (University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
- Prof. Wim Gijselaers, PhD (University of Maastricht, NL)
- Prof. Sigrid Harendza, MD, MME Unibe (University of Hamburg, D)
- Prof. Martin Lischka, MD, PhD (Medical University of Vienna, A)
- Barbara Stadelmann, PhD, MME (University of Bern, CH)
- 1 representative from the last MME programme cycle
- 1 representative from the MME alumni board
Functions: Advising the programme directorate and study leaders, PR, fostering international contacts/acceptance. Facilitating international cooperation.